Stephen Hawking says there is no need to invoke God to set the Universe going. He adds: “Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.”
Sorry, God, you are not needed – someone greater than you has spoken. Never mind the fact that he doesn’t say where the law of gravity came from in the first place.
- They tell us that what actually happened was that there was this big bang, but they cannot tell us what banged, or where it banged or who banged it!
- After the bang, all this matter, which came from nowhere, remember, sped out through a lot of space that was never there in the first place, gathered together to eventually form the stars, to form the sun, the planets, the earth, the water on the earth, the land on the earth.
- They tell us that, even in all that chaos, the earth ended up at just the right distance from the sun, at just the right tilt, or it would have disintegrated in a flash, or been a ball of ice, or gone speeding out into space.
- Then, much later, there was a flash of lightning which hit the water, which was at just the right chemical mix and temperature.
- This formed a cell.
- This cell made lots of cells and became a thing.
- The thing became a fish.
- The fish decided to move into the mud, then the land.
- Then it became a reptile.
- Then it became a mammal.
- Eventually it became us.
So there! And they tell us all that is true!
I do believe in the Big Bang, but not the big bang that created the universe. I believe in the big bang that these guys are going to hear when they stand before the God who created them, the God they say is redundant.